Go-en Ramen Shoppe

12:35 PM

So I had this 2 unused Ace Water vouchers that will expire on September 22, and having strict parents, they wouldn't let me go alone. Being the annoying sister, i dragged my brother with me and thankfully he was OK with it. Ha-ha thanks, bro!


After a tiring and fulfilling and a much needed exercise, we decided to try out Go-en Ramen. It was recommended to me by a friend and we were supposed to go there last week but I couldn't join them. I'm going to get an earful if they knew I went there without them. (Shhh. XD)

Go-en is a Ramen place around T. Morato area. Specifically, along Sgt. Esguerra. If you have been to Livestock, it's in the same place.

Me and my brother were the only ones there, so I was able to take a few photos. I normally don't take photos of food and restaurants, but their place was different and it had a nice ambiance - then add the no photobombers feel and what can a person like me do? Take the chance!

Here are the photos I took of the Ramen place.






Cute, right? I personally liked the fun touch of their "center piece". They also have some of the more known mangas on their shelves and a huge selection of Kendamas. http://goenkendama.com/

Here's a video that shows Kendama at work - if your interested to try it out and buy one for yourself or as a gift. And an overview here: http://web-japan.org/kidsweb/virtual/kendama/kendama02.html



I ordered their Cheese Ramen P350 and my brother got the Karamiso Ramen P360. He also ordered a potato salad which was OK, just thought I tasted the cucumber more than I did the potato. A bit pricey as well at P100 for a small side dish.

Cheese Ramen: The miso based soup has moyashi, corn, akitsuke tamago, and topped with a mound of minced pork and cheese

Karamiso Ramen: A creamy miso based soup with a spicy kick. A Hokkaido speciality.(hosomen, nori, menma, moyashi, boiled egg, naganegi, chashu, corn, butter, naruto)

Our warm and friendly server also recommended their service tea - a cold barley tea. I must say, it can be an acquired taste. I remember thinking I wished I had a pinch of sugar to add on the cold tea. I just can't get used to drinking plain tea without sugar - cold ones, that is.


It was a morning and lunch well spent. Will make sure to go back here for a quick Ramen fix.

Go-en (The Japanese Ramen Shoppe Plus)
Unit B1 Jardin de Zenaida
34 Sgt. Esguerra Ave.

Brgy. South Triangle, Quezon City

CONTACT NO. 
(02)-441-GOEN (4636)

(02)-376-5761 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Partners

use 16772502 upon checkout for $5 discount
Beauty Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Subscribe