Powder Up

12:10 AM

I'm not one to wear make-up all the time - one reason is my oily face. Make-up + oily face doesn't work well together. But when you're tired of looking haggard and shiny, face powder is always a useful beauty product you should always bring with you.

Like any other people, I've tried few face powders before I settled down to one. I'm going to list the face powders I've used before from present to the very first one I remember.



1. The Original Rice Powder Company
This is what I'm currently using. It's a loose powder that has 3 shades. I'm on the fair/light shade so I'm using "Nude RP04", the other 2 are "Natural" and "Warm biege". This is my second purchase and if I remember correctly, I bought this around April last 2012. It will last me til' end of Feb.2013 - estimate. Just like most face powders, the Rice powder is good to use within 12 months.

What I like:
It's a loose powder, oil free, natural, non-comedogenic, light-weight, natural finish, smooth texture on skin

What I didn't like:
Can be quite messy due to it being a loose powder, after 3 hours you might need to pat on another layer because of the shine - or you can always remove excess shine with tissue or oil control film. Doesn't cover much blemishes. Can be hard to look for (the only store I can buy this from is in Beauty Bar)

Price: Php325

Repurchase?:  Yes

2. Maybelline Pure Mineral Foundation
This caught my attention because of the word "mineral".  From previous readings, mineral based products are said to be a better option for people with sensitive or acne-prone skin. It's also an oil-free foundation and gives a bit of a luster "glow". Although, personally, the idea of a "glowing" face would be nice - it doesn't cooperate with my oily face. It was a bit surprising as this is a mineral-based makeup.

What I like:
Loose powder, smooth on the skin, oil free. Can be easily found in Watson's, groceries, bazaars, beauty shops.

What I didn't like:
A bit more messy than the "Rice Powder" due to the use of brush instead of a powder puff. Other people might like the "luster" glow, but it's not working for me.

Price: Php300+

Repurchase?:  No, but this work great on normal skin. My mom loved it so I guess "yes" for her. =]

3. L'oreal True Match Super-blendable Powder 
Sorry if I can't provide a picture for this product. I don't have the box and actual product from before..I liked this product and the only reason why I chose to stop using it is it's too expensive ^^; and also because I wanted to change to a loose powder. It has a matte finish which I like but it also gives a certain glow (from what I read - this has more mica than necessary). This comes in 3 shades.

What I like: 
Matte finish, using it twice within the day is good enough

What I didn't like:
Too expensive for me (although, on a good note - this product is refillable, so you can just buy a refill instead of the whole product). Because it's a press powder, the tendency is that I finish it faster compared to the loose powder.

Price: around Php1k , I can't remember how much the refill cost..I think it's bet. 500-700? Let me know if you guys are buying this so I could post the recent price here ^^

Repurchase?: Not as of now. If you can afford to buy it, then no worries. Go ~

4. Maybelline Clear Smooth Face Powder
Again, sorry I couldn't get a picture for this as well. I used this when I was in high school. During that time I didn't care much about which face powder is best for me - all I know is that it helps with the shine and I don't look like a haggard-ish person. So yeah, I have no qualms about this product. It has different shades as well so you could choose which one best fits your tone.

What I like:
Smooth finish, keeps my shine at bay.

What I didn't like:
Can't think of anything right now. The only reason I stopped using this was because I wanted to try out diff. face powders.

Price: around Php 100+

Repurchase?: Not as of now. But I recommend this if you're looking for a simple compact powder that works.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Partners

use 16772502 upon checkout for $5 discount
Beauty Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Subscribe