Digital Perm

1:40 PM

So, I know the first month of the year is almost up, but I have this thing where I usually get my hair done before the start of the new year or just on the Jan. of that year. This year, instead of having the usual "cutting of year long no-cut-hair" I decided to have my hair digi permed. It's one of the thing that I've been thinking of doing for a long while, but I kept on postponing it. One reason is I haven't had any treatment done on my hair before - excluding cellophane which was done 5 or 6 years ago - I kind of didn't like the idea of chemicals in my hair. The other reason is that it's way to pricey for me.

Then last year around early December, I saw a deal at CashcashPinoy P999 for Digi Perm. I was skeptic at first because I've never tried those online deals before and you wouldn't know if the company your getting the deal of is a "good" company. Still, I took the risk, thinking that it's cheaper than it's normal price and if I didn't like the outcome I wouldn't be devastated for spending way too much money just to have it cut-off. So yeah, a very straight forward solution - albeit quite scary. This was more like a trial run as to whether I would be open to do it again. =]

Anyway, on with the actual experience =p



Salon: Tease Salon
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/teasesalon.ph
Deal: P999 CashCashPinoyb - their price right now is P2K up
Duration of the treatment: 3-4 hours (although mine lasted almost 6 hours @_@ )

My appointment was at 11:00am but I came in at 10:30, they were able to accommodate me and my mom even though I was 30 min. early.

They started with washing my hair and afterwards put a chemical which was used to let the hair maintain the curls (they said it was also the chemical used for rebonding). It usually takes 10 min.- an hour for the chemical to seep through your hair, but mine took almost 3 hours! My hair was considered "virgin" hair, as I haven't had my hair treated. Another girl who got the digi perm deal was ready even before I was, even though she was at 2pm schedule.

When your hair is ready to be put under the curling machine, they divide it up to many section and curl them into the rods. They usually recommend the small and medium rod because the curls will last longer. Still, I chose the biggest rod since I didn't want small, tight curls. The biggest rod will not last long compared to the smaller rods, since I just wanted to try digiperm out and I'll probably get back to my original hair, I was ok with that. Depends really. haha. They gave me the option of using both medium and large so that's what I got.

photo from Tease Salon Facebook page
The photo above shows curls using small and medium rods. 

After all section are curled you're ready to have the "alien-looking" machine connected to your hair. =p *as shown below
photo from Tease Salon Facebook page
The one used on my hair is the one on the left. Once every rods are connected, you just pray and hope that your head won't start a fire with the sizzling sound and smoke being released from the machine. xD 
It lasted about an hour and after removing the machine they let it dry for a while and once in a while squirts medicine into every rods. This took an hour or so as well. After all of those - butt hurting from all the sitting, heavy head from all the rods in your hair, and hungry stomach - your hair is now "cooked", as per the term they use.  They rinse away the excess medicine and blow dry your hair until semi-wet - and horray your hair is free!
Before
After
Excuse my lack of better picture ^^;  the after picture is a day after I had my hair permed. Will post another one after a week or month. What you should know:- hair which was relax/rebonded can't be digipermed (even if it was done 2 years before). One of the girls who also got a deal for digi perm was not able to avail hers and was instead given the choice to have her hair rebonded, the reason was she had her hair rebonded - that was 2 years ago, but they still didn't deem it ready enough to get a digi perm. So yeah, just a thing to know.- they will ask you not to wash your hair for two days - I think in order for the medicine to seep well into your hair - so schedule your appointment knowing this. - bring food in case your hair is "virgin", " healthy" , "strong" that you'll have the same case as I did. Better bring food or even a snack just to ease your hunger. - bring book or anything to waste your time on if you're not keen on sitting around and doing nothing. They have magazines and free wifi in case all else fails. -----While I was having my hair done, my mom availed of their manicure, pedicure, and hair spa and color. Sadly, she got a wound from their pedicure - I think it was cut too deep. Her hair spa and hair color was nice on the other hand. Prices:
Digi Perm: P2,000 & up
Manicure: P100(?)
Pedicure: P150(?)
Hair color: P500 - for normal hair color which they say is organic =] P1,000 - for L'oreal 
Price might change - you could drop a message at their facebook page for any inquiries: https://www.facebook.com/teasesalon.ph ---- UPDATE ----Aftercare:One thing that the hair dresser will ask you is not to wash your hair for at least 48 hours. But because of the heat I just couldn't take it and decided to wash it and go along with what will happen. What I fail to do is read around the net first, because I shampooed my hair whilst I should have used a conditioner instead. I thought that using conditioner would lessen the curls because when I was still in my original hair, conditioner leaves my hair feeling heavy and weight down - I thought that would cause the curse to loose their "bounce". But from what I read it's the shampoo that looses the curls and conditioner actually helps better. Most of the people who had their hair permed has a ritual of shampoo & conditioner one day, conditioner the next. I, on the other hand stick with shampoo & conditioner - reason being is that my hair gets oily fast so I prefer shampooing. Scrunching and twirling my hair when conditioning helps with the curls compared to just running the conditioner through your hair. Avoid rubbing your hair dry with your towel. Just scrunch away the water and press your hair bet. the towel just to remove excess water and let it air dry.PRODUCTS:I'm currently using Herbal Essence Totally Twisted Shampoo and Conditioner. From what I read around, it's one of the best brands you can use for your permed hair. It's available in Watson's and PCX stores. Another good reviewed shampoo and conditioner is Human Nature Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner. The only reason why I didn't get this is the small bottle(P44) of it would only last me 4 washes. It didn't seem reasonable to me compared to the Herbal Essence. But if you have thin and not so long hair, you can definitely use this. Or you can always interchange them. Now, I hated anything spray/gel/wax. Sticky and hard is not what I want for my hair so I never thought of trying mousse and the likes. People with experience in styling go with Karatise Nutrive Oleo-curl definition creme (1.5k+) - it was, so far, the most positive reviewed styling product for digitally permed hair. But who am I kidding, I'm not one to shell out too much money for that. Heck, I went with the P999 deal instead of the normal P2.5+-5 K price for the perm, I wouldn't buy anything higher than 1k. I know - stingy. Forgive a girl for wanting to have a diff. look but needs to save money. hahaha! Anyway, another product, which is way more affordable for me was Monea curl defining milk lotion at P99 from Watson's. It has negative and positive reviews, what the others didn't like with this product is that they say it becomes oily and sticky during midday. But I think it's how you use the product as well. So far, I haven't got the problem. Maybe because my hair is thick and I really don't put much of the product in my hair. I just put about the size of a five peso coin and use it to just lessen the frizz. If you're thinking of trying this product out. Use this after getting out of shower. Pour a small amount on the cap of the jar package, using your fingertips, spread in your palm and just put it in your damp hair - twirling and scrunching along the way. Remember not to comb your permed hair, just use your fingers to remove any tangles so as to not get your hair all messy and crazy. Still trying to get use with this, it's not the big, loose curls that I wanted but it's ok. Just like knowing that I'm open to having another perm in the future. 


Feb.1 (after 6 days) with big sections




































Feb. 12 (2 weeks) - no sectioning

























































After a month
As I promised before, here's my digi permed hair at 4 months in before having my hair cut. And I could probably say that it would have lasted for 6 months. When I try to remember why I want to have my hair cut, I couldn't remember my reason. Summer = too hot? Probably that. Then the stupid weather changed and we're now experiencing thunderstorms. -_- Talk about wrong timing. Haha. Oh well, as they say, hair grows back eventually. xp
June 8 (4 months)

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. is your curls ok until now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi! it's still ok, it's not as tight as it was when I first got it, but I like it that way. They told me it might last for a month because I had them use the big curlers (as shown above - quite loose/wavy). If you want it to last longer choose the small/medium curler. They'd probably suggest that as well.

      Of course, using products (shampoo,conditioner, etc.) for permed hair is also useful. Scrunching your hair when it's still wet helps it maintain the curls as well =]

      Delete
  2. hi there.
    its been 5mons since you permed ur hair. is it still ok? :))
    and do u comb ur hair (down to the curls) when its wet?
    Thankyou in advnx.

    -aim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aim,

      Haha. Sadly, I can't give a concrete answer to that now because I had my hair cut last week. I'm now left with short, no curl hair =[

      But, from my last image, my permed hair was still ok. Might look messy at times but I usually been asked if my hair was naturally curly, so I think the perm did it's job looking natural as possible? ^^

      And no, I don't comb my permed hair (wet or dry), I just use my fingers to remove any tangles. Also, based on the last pic. I didn't section it and I didn't put any products. Just took a shower and let it air dry.

      Hope that was helpful =]

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Partners

use 16772502 upon checkout for $5 discount
Beauty Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Subscribe