Grand Bazaar Experience

10:56 AM

From my previous post, you would know that a friend and I joined the Grand Bazaar at the Elements Tent, Centris. Sadly, compared to the other conventions/bazaars I've been to, this was so far not the best advertised one.

It's quite disappointing really, since the organizers didn't do well with keeping stuff in order. For example, during the first day when leaving the venue, I had to bring home some of the items I'm selling since it's hard to leave it there for the night.
One of the organizers was asking us if we've paid already. I mean, she didn't even know who had already paid and those who still have a balance. She had to call one of her colleagues to ask for confirmation. I even called them the day before to make sure everything is ok - getting the contract and the deposit slip copy - they confirmed. But unfortunately, they didn't talk it through with the organizers in the event. Good thing I brought my deposit slip and showed it to her so she could let us leave. But when I got to our car, I remembered that one of their requirements is to pay the rent fully. So why ask exhibitors if all accounts are settled? Does that mean some of them didn't pay the full price yet?

I'm not sure if most bazaars are the same since I've only been joining conventions. It's sad, because they could have done more for their exhibitors. Advertising and looking for market is one of the things that event organizers should always take into consideration. I guess, in this cut-throat world, it's every man for himself. Business is business.

This is just my experience, but I think there are others who did well too, seeing that the bazaar are held almost every month. It probably depends on who your niche market are.

We had fun either way, what I like about joining these kind of events is getting to know different types of people. You usually get into good terms with your neighboring sellers, trying to lighten up the mood whenever necessary. It's a learning experience. =]

Me and my friend over our booth.
with her accessories, some of them are handmade by her =]
and my very random table side - with diff. items here and there ^^;
Buyers:
If you're looking for some good deal prices, there are clothes being sold from Php100 up. Accessories are also in abundance there. Some bags, make-ups, and of course - food booths. 

Sellers: 
It's better to scout the venue beforehand, study the market so that you'll know if what you are selling is right for the crowd. Ask organizers the details you need. Confirm and update whenever possible. These are just few things you need to keep in mind. 

"Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." C.S. Lewis

"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards." Soren Kierkegaard 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Partners

use 16772502 upon checkout for $5 discount
Beauty Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Subscribe