Hong Kong for 4

9:31 PM

I have been contemplating on whether I should post some of the past travels I had and decided that I'll try to start now. One of the reason is, I tend to forget the names of the place we've been to and I feel it's a shame. Although I don't have the means to travel all the time, I'm thankful for the times I was able to. Because travelling, as most know, is not "kind" to the pocket. ^^;

Anyway, I'm no expert at blogging, more so on travelling, so please excuse me if I forget name's of places and whatnot - or I lack good explanations on my experiences, I will try my best though. =]

Starting with my most recent travel, I went to Hong Kong with my family. It's been years since we last went travelling together, if I remember correctly, it's been 9 years. And as I said before, going to other country is quite expensive, much more when you're with family. So, yes, it is really a blessing that we were able to go there again.

Just like before, we stayed at Parklane Hotel. This is a great hotel, rooms are clean, size is good, staffs are helpful - I can't really think of anything wrong with the hotel. The location is great, Causeway Bay MTR Station is just below 5 minutes walk. Near the MTR station is a grocery store (Wellcome Market open 24 hrs.), you'll also be able to buy packed foods there if you're trying to save up money. But of course, might as well eat at a restaurant once in a while while you're there since you're already at a diff.country. I'm stingy - but splurge a little. Contradicting, I know. xD.

Rode the bus to the hotel
There are malls near the hotel as well (Sogo and Timesquare among others). In fact there's a mall across the hotel. But just like any other country, it's hard to find good, affordable food if you don't know where to look. If you just want to curb your appetite, there's a food stall (Strike 1 - can't remember the name. haha. You won't miss it when you get there) and an IKEA store below the Parklane Hotel . They sell snacks at a good price. =]

Somewhere beside the hotel, where you'll go up an escalator is a "mini mall" - Clothes store and music/video store (HMV) and there's also a restaurant there.

There's also a cinema place near there. Then alot of clothe stores along the streets. 

When my friends and I went there before, we kind of got lost looking for a place to eat then stumbled upon a curry place (Strike 2 =p). Their curry was awesome! One of the best curry I've tasted, my friends thinks the same way about it. The price is very affordable and they have fast service. Haha, been trying to find the same taste here, the closest is Kimono Ken's curry in SM North (some of their branches don't have the same tastes to their foods =| ). So, when my family and I went to HK, I tried looking for the same place but sadly couldn't find it. You probably have to get lost first, tired and hungry before it shows itself to you. Joke! (If you know this curry place I'm referring to - do share =D would love to go back there when we have the chance.

PS. All of these are at the back entrance of the hotel. The main entrance faces the Victoria Park.

We also went to Disney Land - was my second time there, first time was with friends. Just like before, it was tiring but it's something inevitable once you're there. Mode of transportation is MTR. When you get there, first thing to do is buy a ticket out to avoid the long wait when you want to leave at a later time. Then arm yourself with umbrella because the heat of the sun is unforgiving. Your journey starts. You just need to keep walking, walking, and walking. Haha. After walking is the waiting, waiting, and waiting in line. Let's think of it as a test of endurance and patience. xD but, what the heck. It's an amusement park. At the end of the day, it's still a nice place to go to. 
MTR Disneyland bound


We weren't able to plan our trip well so we were not able to go to familiar tourist areas such as:
Avenue of Stars (1.8 Km)
Hong Kong Museum of Art (2.0 Km)
Apliu Street (2.4 Km)
Flagstaff House of Museum of Tea Ware (2.5 Km)
*posted at agoda site


So, be sure to remember them in case you're thinking of places to go to when in HK. Kowloon is also known for their shopping district so add that up to your list. =]

Some things to know when staying in Parklane Causeway Bay:
- Most stores open at 10am so if you want to save time, you can decide to go to other parts of HK. Example, ride the MTR earlier and head to Kowloon so once you're there, stores will already be open. Then  you can go back to Causeway Bay and roam for the day since they close up late at night. 
- Wear comfortable shoes - one thing you will always do when in HK - walk. 
- When looking for Time Square, just look for big "Sogo" banners. It's somewhere there. Lol.

This is just a short review on our short stay there. Just remember to plan your trips well - or be an adventurer and find your way around. Just be sure to be able to go back to your hotel. ^^;

Have a fun, safe trip! =]

You Might Also Like

0 comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Partners

use 16772502 upon checkout for $5 discount
Beauty Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Subscribe