Taipei, Taiwan - Somewhat of a Map Guide

11:19 PM

Last June, my parents went to Taiwan to visit my uncle and auntie who just got out of the hospital after a surgery. One of the things that you have to plan about when travelling is for a place to stay - this was no different. So, I was looking around for a hotel, even thinking of renting out a unit from the airbnb site, but the idea was still foreign to me so I thought it's better to stick to the hotel for now.

There's the agoda site and booking.com - although agoda may offer a better price for using their services, booking.com allows you to pay later through their "Book Now, Pay When You Stay" option, instead of paying online. Just know that booking at booking.com lets you cancel your booking without fee but you must do so before three days of the date you'll be arriving at the hotel.

Hotel Entrance
The hotel that I booked for my parents was Green World Hotel Jian Pei Suites. There are 2 Green World hotels so be careful to check the location of each. This hotel was located at No.140, Sec. 1, Jianguo N. Rd, Zhongshan District, 10489 Taipei. 


Although I wasn't the one who stayed here, I'll be sharing what my parents have thought of the hotel.
- the room area was quite big enough compared to other hotels
- their double bed could accommodate 3 adults or 2 adults and 2 children
- clean because the hotel is relatively new
- free wifi in room =]
- breakfast was ok, nothing grand. just ok.
- there's a 7-eleven across the hotel which makes it easier in case you need anything at the moment
- there were a lot of restaurants around the area, mainly Japanese and some Korean cuisines.
- there's a jade market and flower market open during the weekends
- you have to commute to get to the area with the shopping malls.

You might wonder why I chose this hotel, it's because it was affordable compared to the other hotels and has a good rating. It was also near an MTR station so you it wouldn't be a problem going around. I even made a guide for my parents on which train station to ride and go to a specific destination. But, because they only stayed for a few days there, they were not able to use the map. Haha. Oh well, reserve it for next time.

In any case, would be more than willing to share it to you guys. Just know that I haven't been to Taiwan and only tried making this guide via internet research. So yah, if all else fails - feel free to ask around xD I'm sure someone would be kind enough to show you the way. ^^

map image from Taiwan gov't site (if I remember correctly ^^;)
Listed are shopping areas/malls you can go to. Be safe and have fun! Hope this guide map could be helpful in a way =]

You Might Also Like

0 comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Partners

use 16772502 upon checkout for $5 discount
Beauty Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Subscribe