Baby Lips, Babeh~ xp

12:21 AM

Who doesn't like soft, pink lips? I know I do. Unfortunately, I have dry lips and because I drink coffee and tea almost everyday,  it's possible that my lips is in the "getting a bit darker" phase. We know that to keep our lips soft and hydrated, we need to drink a lot of water. But lip balms are there to help keep the dryness at bay and is easy to carry around in case there's no water available.

I've tried some good lip balms before, like Skin Food Apricot, Human Nature Peppermint, and Carmex. All of them worked well. But because I wanted to look for a cheaper alternative (Human Nature is quite affordable compared to the other two) and also try a different lip balm, I tried Maybelline's Baby Lips Lip Balm. Maybelline was one of the early brands I loved before so there was no hesitation on my part when I decided to try this out.




The first one I bought was the Menthol Lip Balm, it smells good and works well. I usually reapply after a few hours or when needed. It has no tint and has clear application. It might sting for others (because of it's cooling effect) especially when you're not used to using mint/menthol flavored lip balms. Carmex is a bit more "spicy" than this.

If you prefer fruit flavored lip balms, they have other sweet flavors that I'm sure you'd like. But I doubt you can choose one from the other because they are just so colorful you want to buy them all. At least that's what I felt when looking at the vast choices of different flavors and colors. Haha!

Since I've never bought a tinted lip balm before, and I was just itching to buy another one xD, I went and bought the Lolita Pink. Here's a picture that shows what it looks like on tissue. Keep in mind though that the color is not that noticeable when applied to your lips. There's a bit of a shimmer but not the over powering glitter glow which I'm thankful for.


There's a lot of different shades of the color on their Baby Lips line so I'm sure you would find one that you'd like to try out. All in all, I'm contented with its nourishing properties and some even have SPF in them. Just writing about them now is tempting me to get another one. I know. Crazy. Haha. I'll just use these two first and we'll get to the third tube eventually. xD

Have you tried Maybelline's Baby Lips Lip Balm? What's your favorite flavor/color? =]

---
Update:
The tinted lip balm needs re-application after 1 or 2 hours, while the colorless one last me at least 2 hours.

Here's an image to show what it looks like when applied. Please note that color shade may vary especially if we have different lip color. ^^

Left image is my natural lip color and the right image has the Maybelline Lolita Pink applied.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Partners

use 16772502 upon checkout for $5 discount
Beauty Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Subscribe