REVIEW: St. Ives Blemish Control: Green Tea Gel Cleanser

12:35 AM

I'm quite fond of green tea, bias even at times. So it was not a surprise when I saw this at the grocery store and I initially wanted to buy it. But because the price was a bit expensive, I decided to postpone it thinking I'd find a cheaper one somewhere. I opted for the Green Tea Scrub - let's save that for later. (review link will be posted here once I'm done with it. =p)


At some point, it's safe to say that most people believe tea is good for us - any tea for that matter. Green tea is no different. 

A few years back, green tea became so popular that everywhere you look there's at least one product that has some green tea in it. Be it food or drink. Chinese and Japanese people have been drinking it, both for health and beauty. "Why not put it on your face?", they say. And so, green tea skin products came to life!(Don't take this last bit seriously. It's my sad, sad way of trying to be humorous. Give me a chance, will you? xD)

Anyway, on with the review.

Please take a moment to read the label on the pic below. =]

What it promises:
• Treats Acne - that's all we need to know xD
• Gently clears breakouts and calms redness

Why I chose to try this:
• Salicylic Acid ingredient that's almost always present on acne treatment products.
• Green tea - need I say more?
• Natural, oil-free..

When I was able to buy it, I hoped it would work like it did with the others who have tried it. It's always a risk trying on different products just so we can find the one that could work for us in the long run. Sad to say it didn't worked on me.

What I didn't like
• It dried my face too much than needed. It didn't peel or anything, but it just felt too dry you'd think I wouldn't have to worry about oil but lo, after few hours oily face strikes again!
• I hoped it would dry my pimples at least but all I felt were the little bumps around my cheek. My face just felt too rough than normal. Dry but at the same time oily..if that make sense. Anyway, I decided to stop it and use what's left of my AcBeGone. After a few days without using it, the bumps lessened and my face was not as rough as it was when using this.
• Small note - just wished they had a smaller bottle.

Oh, St. Ives. As far as you being in United Kingdom, the effect I hoped and wished from your Blemish Control product was just as far. =[

As always, products works differently on people. What doesn't work for me doesn't mean it won't for you. Hopefully it works better on you than it did on me.

Cheers~

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. How much is this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, if I remember correctly it's around Php150+ or so. I can't remember the exact amount but I don't think it will be more than Php200

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Partners

use 16772502 upon checkout for $5 discount
Beauty Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Subscribe