REVIEW: Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

11:30 PM

If you have been looking around for a good clay mask, you might have stumbled upon and read about Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. I had read a few post about this and how well it worked for them so I decided to try it out as well. Here's the tub I bought from Healthy Option few weeks back.

Bought @ Healthy Options for P400+ (P495?)


As you can see, it's quite a big tub full of powder. They don't sell anything smaller, but this tub will last you for a long time. It's color is almost matcha like but a little lighter in shade. It has no particular scent which I think works for most people. =]

The container says to use Raw Apple Cider Vinegar or water, I haven't tried using cider because I wanted to see the effect of the clay mask when mixed with water.


You will only need a small amount of powder to make a paste for your entire face. About half a tablespoon will be more than enough, but if you want to have a thicker paste, go for 1 tbsp.

I honestly didn't understand the "Apply 1/4 in to 1/2 in to the face" instruction so I just slather the paste onto my face and just estimated whether it's thick enough or not.
First image shows bare face after washing with Garnier Pure Active Facial Scrub. The one beside is when the mask is applied. I left it for about 10 min. or until the mask dried out. Be cautioned though, this mask is a bit too tight for comfort. In their term, "FEEL YOUR FACE PULSATE". I didn't feel the pulsating thing but I did feel the tightness =D. It's not a peel-off mask so you need to wash it off. Using lukewarm water will help to make the process faster, but I always want to end washing my face with cold water to close my pores. 3rd and 4th image was after washing the clay mask off my face.

It's may not be too noticeable, but it did brighten my skin a bit and the redness was lessened. My skin also felt soft and excess oil was gone which makes this a good mask for people with oily skin like mine.  This was actually my second trial and I know it's not an ample amount of time to be giving good review about a product but I based this on the result it gave after using it. I might try the apple vinegar someday and will post a review on that.

I'm sure it would be fine to add your own liquid mix to this depending on your skins' needs. Honey or green tea might be a good alternative. I also tried this as an acne spot treatment with my toner. It dries pimple a bit but not overnight. Small ones usually take a day or two while big ones could last up to 5 days or more.

Other than the vague and weird use of words for instruction xD, I think this is a good product considering the price and how long it would last you. You can even share it with someone and it still will last you months.

Have you tried Aztec Healing Clay? How did it go for you and what mixture did you use?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Partners

use 16772502 upon checkout for $5 discount
Beauty Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Subscribe