#GLOBEProjectWonderful2014

10:53 PM

“If there is one thing you can give to the Philippines, what is that gift?”

Humanity. Respect for others and respect for ourselves. 

Ok, I know that's physically impossible for me to give to the Philippines, but when I first read the question, this was my first thought. I know I can't change how people think and act in just a few seconds. I just can't help but hope that we could be a better person - to others and even to ourselves. The sense of selflessness, sense of service, respect. These are things that we should learn to grow in ourselves. Yes, other people can be an instrument to help us get there - to help us be a better person. But the thing is, we should already have an idea of what kind of a person we want to be. This is not only a reminder for others but also for myself. 

On a lighter and more "realistic" option (haha), I want to give the kids in orphanages or public daycare centers/libraries letter flashcards with pictures. Why? I once had the opportunity to spend a day with kids ranging from ages 5-16 who goes to a meeting center to learn how to read and write. We had an activity where they can choose from a set of letters and create a 3 or more word from them. One 12 year old boy spelled "man". And I asked him if he knew what "man" is. He didn't

At that moment, it made me realize how blessed I am to know what a "man" is when I was even younger than him. And at the same time, my heart breaks for him and for other kids who was not given the opportunity to learn to read, write, and understand in an early age. 

I thought, if only they have a box of letter flashcards with the pictures in them, they could bring those home and learn on their own. They can even share it with their siblings or friends. They can ask their parents or people around them to teach them. It can be used as a game to make family and friends closer even. 

This, I believe, is something that Globe can accomplish. I don't have the means to buy one for each and every one of them, but I hope Globe can reach even a few. 

"Children are the hope of the future." - let's help them grow =]

“If there is one thing you can give to the Philippines, what is that gift?”
How about you guys? If you were asked the same question, what would your answer be? That wish might just be granted by Globe. =] 

 #GLOBEProjectWonderful2014

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. My wish to gift for my beloved country is a gift of Livelihood to those people affected of tyhooon yolanda. Before anything else we can easily recover from that incident if we have something where we can generate money. Money today is the most needed resources, you cannot buy food without it. So instead of giving a certain amount of money to each everyone, why not give each family (if possible) the gift of livelihood,like Giving them seeds for planting fruits, vegetables, for poultry raising, and even materials for fishing. They don’t need “short-term-help” they need lifetime solution for them to be able to survive everyday. They need something useful that would benefit not just a single person but for the whole family, and perhaps for the whole community. This wish of mine is quite impossible but with careful research and planning, and monitoring who could benefit this project would be a BIG success. In the long run if all people are productive your advocacy of helping would never be forgotten. Many lives would thank you for this.

    For as long as there are people/organization would willingly make this project happen, nothing is impossible. If everyone of us wholeheartedly extend our help to the needy we can surpass every trials that comes along. #ProudPinay

    analynalonsagay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Labels

Partners

use 16772502 upon checkout for $5 discount
Beauty Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Subscribe